Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Even though it is a cold day in sunny Florida, it still is sunny. I spent the last days cleaning here and there just to go into the new year with a good feeling. I have to admit my house has been dark, dusty and dirty ( to my standards anyway) I haven't really cared about cleaning when usually it bothers me. Today it's refreshed and bright. It's amazing how outer world affects inner world.
New year's resolutions only work for me if i write them down and post somewhere that i regularly see the list. Last year at new year's I was pregnant and did not know it. I said that it was posibility that this would be the TTC year. Little did I know there wouldn't be much trying. It just happened. In retrospect, this tells me that Julia was meant to change my direction in life. I have not included anything about a baby on my list because the goals I have listed must be done first.
1. release clutter from my life. this includes paperwork, clothing that doesn't fit or is no longer worn.
2. school. It's time to learn a new skill and also redefine my resume.
3. workout like a demon.
4. get healthy. this means not just eating, but being persistant with healthful behaviors.
5. go green. change some earthy behaviors, using less chemicals to clean.
6. attend spiritual meetings. i am a recovering catholic. while i respect the faith i was born into, i feel that it is too much of an organized congregation that is distant from modern times. I've spent years feeling guilty over nothing- it's time to explore practices that help us be better human beings than to point fingers.
7. work on helping others who have lost babies to stillbirth.
8. remodel both bathrooms in my house. and redecorate.
9. travel. hopefully, we can make it to France this year to see my sister-in-law. Also I would like to make it back to Brasil or Mexico.
10. prepare mentally and physically for another pregnancy. i don't know how long this will take, but I am not rushing into it.

No comments: