Monday, December 31, 2007

Aunt Flo is in the house!

Thankfully, it's the last day of the worst year. I have never been so eager to say good riddance! Yes, there have been other years I would never want to relive but this has got to be one hell of an exception. Somehow, it all feels like a bad dream.

As the headline says- AF is back in the house! She's finally made her appearance for the first time in one year. It's so strange to not have a period for a whole year. I don't know how they've created a pill that puts off periods for months. No one likes Aunt Flo, but she's part of being a girl! It was a nice vacation to not have one, but I have to say it is good to have her back. It is a sign that my body is moving on.

The cramps have been brutal and it was somewhat of a reminder of labor pains. No matter how I try to escape it, memories flow back at some point of my day everyday. In the hospital the nurse talked to me about post traumatic stress disorder since I was having bad nightmares when I would cramp up post partum. That's when the Zoloft promotion came into play. I was told that taking the little blue pill would not only cure my physical aches and pains but also that "shell shocked" feeling. Well, sorry to tell them but I am surviving without it.

As for the weight loss mission: I did great on Sat- Dh and I went to the gym. Again I did about 30 min of eliptical then 3 sets of legs and some abdominals. As for food- I ate yogurt, went to sweet tomatoes and loaded up on salad, then I don't think I ate very much that evening.

Sun- Lost another lb because I ate nothing at night. Today was the slip up. Started the day out with yogurt, then mahi sandwich for lunch- I did not ea the bread but I did eat fries, drank a bloody mary (way too much sodium), then a draft beer, and for dinner ate chinese (again the sodium) mostly it was veggies and chicken but I did eat some rice. the slip up was the chocolate candies someone brought from Brazil ugh! I can't believe I am saying this but the sugar was awful after going days without eating it.

I find that AF really can sabotage a diet. Whenever she arrives it's a mad craving for chocolate in dangerous doses (maybe along with chocolate's evil bf salt!) my appettite becomes ravenous for carbs, esp pasta! Even drinks can be dangerous. Usually I try to avoid alcohol at this time because where there is AF, there is a tendency for excess. Balance is the key- even on the

No comments: