Sunday, January 13, 2008

An angel smiles

So I went to see the little angel baby yesterday. It took me all say to get the courage to go to the hospital because I don't want to cry in front of her. The last thing she needs right now is someone to fall apart in front of her.
Named after an angel, Gabriel is a beautiful, good baby. Even with a virus affecting his brain he barely makes a fuss and I noticed while mom fed him he smiles :) He is strong and is going to pull through this. Even though the doctors are now saying he may have a genetic disorder. I don't believe it. I truly believe there was nothing wrong with this baby. Their so called "speculated" diagnosis could be the result of a complication of undiagnosed meningitis. It's clear as day that the doctors are scrambling to come up with something because this child has been sick for over a week. Mom did everything possible to get the ped. to listen to her concerns over his breathing.
My blogs are not meant to attack the medical profession. Many are my heroes but I also have worked in a place I called "medical negligence at its best" I've seen so many things covered up its just plain sad. I was also taught in nursing school COA 101 "cover your ass" (and the doctors too or its your job). How can anything change if we keep quiet? How can we help sick people when 18000 Americans die each year because they do not have insurance? And how can we vote for presidential candidates that accept large bribes from pharmaceutical companies to keep the vicious cycle going?

No comments: