Thursday, December 27, 2007

Home from Brazil

Jetlag is a killer today but I feel refreshed even with little sleep. After 12 days in Brazil, both dh and I feel the winds of change sweeping into 2008. It's not usually a convienient time for us to travel this time of year but we were invited to a wedding (dh's bf) also, it was good for dh to see his family and friends.
This was my second trip to brazil and I cannot say enough about how wonderful it is. It is a beautiful country with diverse cultures, dreamy beaches (and yes, beautiful fun people), great food, clothes and incredible fruit. Whether on the beach or in the city the energy is exciting and new. I still haven't mastered portuguese but every trip it's getting better.
Overall, we had a wonderful time. The only difficult part was once again having to discuss the loss of Julia with friends and family face to face. People have been wonderful and dh has learned to discuss it more openly..since he was the one providing the explaination when people asked. It becomes too much for him if others cry, then he tries to change the subject. It meant a lot to be in the company of friends who expressed their support.
I see my husband in a different light when we visit his country, and I fall in love all over again. He has a huge circle of really great friends who adore him as much as I do. And he is most happy when he can show me places he worked, played and lived in a world that seemed so different.

No comments: