Monday, December 31, 2007

fashion or trashion?

OMG! So I'm watching the new fashions of 2008 on Good morning America. IF this is what people are really going to year in 08, it looks like this is going to be and interesting year!( or we are in serious trouble)
We've already seen the comeback of the 90's legging, even the colored ones. (ok maybe I just saw those in Brazil) This is comfortable with a dress or long shirt, although my butt won't allow me to get away with this look ten years later.
It appears that the flying nun look is back (flowing oversized collar), assymertical tops (good luck finding a bra) , shoulder pads? or was it just the oversized blazer look?, the 90's paint splash look (reminds me of the first sofa I bought from rooms2go in 1996.)
It's basically it's the year of my third grade language arts teacher Mrs. Zimbler. She had a saavy way of wearing mens button down shirts, flowy comfy yoga type pants. She always had some funky tribal braclets or tiny glasses with wild hair. What a fun lady! She was always positive and happy.
I think looking good is necessary, but style belongs to each individual. Life is so much easier when you live comfortble and natural without worrying about what everyone else is thinking about your clothes. Feeling good is always in style.

No comments: