Tuesday, December 18, 2007

a few things i like about brasil

Since I lost the rest of "the brazil blog" here's the last of it.....
Things I love about Brazil- Fresh, unprocessed food (actually lost wt on this trip)
beaches,Bohemia beer, capirinha,- dangerous combo.
full service gas stations- I forgot how to pump gas?
street vendors that sell useful items like car phone chargers, gum, brooms, feather dusters (in case you get a cleaning bug) and those chicken cutlet looking breast inhancements you put in a bra (in case you are going to a party and the push up bra isn't working) all while you sit in traffic! It's like Walmart started a curbside drive thru lol
chivalry is never dead- men get insulted if you try to pick up your own bags, open your door.
they mean to be green- they use natural gas, alcohol, donkey poop (j/k), just about anything to save from burning oil.
style is your own- who cares if your colors don't match
they like disco music (and lots of the same stuff we listen to now) but I will never forget the first thing I saw on my last trip was a bunch of guys dancing to "it's raining men"- in the airport parking lot. It was obvious they didn't know the lyrics.
people are fun and carefree- they play soccer and have bbq just anywhere- if not on the beach, what the hell, the side of the highway- seriously!
Things I don't like:
Electric showers- not cool, it takes forever to get warm (dh says think of a toaster- problem is I have no patience)
The city weather is crappy on fine hair...and if you are looking for spray in conditioner, good luck:)
driving on mountainous roads (except for the view)
mosquitos in Ihla Bela are brutal. I had so many I had to cover my legs since the smallpox look is not sexy!
paper products suck (toilet paper,tampons- no they don't have pearl drop or easyglide)
those who are too caught up in vanity or being a label whore
when chivalry turns to chauvinism- "only men are allowed to do shots" huh?
oh and ladies, this is no place to be jealous- there may be lots of breasts on tv over the weekend and numerous in the street (but there's just as much window shopping going on for us too :) Lucky for him, dh is a good boy, I know he notices, but kind of acts like it's just something he's used to.
Speedos on men- I cleared this up with dh early on. He quickly and permanantly switched to the longer swim trunks after he found out in America chics won't dig it, but the guys will lol.

No comments: