Tuesday, March 16, 2010

to my son

Michael Dominic Moser
In a few hours, God Bless, you will be in our arms. It's 2 am and I am cautiously listening to your every heartbeat. There is no feeling in the world like the worry of everything being alright. I wonder what you will look like, but most importantly that you will arrive safely. tired dad is sleeping in a chair, poor thing.
I have so many hopes for you. My heart is so full of love and my head full of worry. I've known from the moment I saw a positive confirmation of your creation that I would never be the same. Everyday of this journey has been a careful anticipation of your arrival. And here we are the last hours that we will be connected physically, but I know that we will always be spiritually connected. Naturally, I will always do my best to protect you and shield you from the pains of the world. Someday when you have your own children you could only know how i am feeling. It is a powerful love when you are a parent. We will have times when you are set on doing your own thing and may be resistant but I understand you will grow into being your own person. Every parent wants the best for their child- for you I know there is a heart of gold with the best intentions. In my dreams we have met, I cannot wait to meet you for real.More than anything in this world, we love you and always will.

No comments: